If you are in a risk category it is important to get vaccinated every year to provide yourself with protection against the most up to date strain of the influenza virus.
The flu jab is free for all patients who fit into one or more of the following risk categories:
- All patients aged 65 years and over
- Asthma sufferers aged 6 months and over
- Diabetics aged 6 months and over
- Pregnant Women
- Patients who suffer from COPD, Chronic Kidney Disease, Chronic Liver Disease, Chronic Heart Disease
- Patients with Chronic Neurological Disease or who have had a stroke or TIA (transient ischaemic attack)
- Immunosuppressed patients due to health condition or chemotherapy
- People in long-stay residential homes
- People who are a carer for an elderly/disabled person
- All children 2, 3 and 4 years old will be given a nasal vaccine. Children aged 5 and 6 (school years 1 and 2) should be offered this at school.
The practice will be offering free flu jabs please call 02084878292 for more information and to book an appointment with the Healthcare Assistant.
Remember – Flu jabs are limited so please book an appointment ASAP to ensure that you are protected!